Hello Douglas,

DH> Hello TBUDL members,

DH> After 4 months off-line (traveling w/o a portable computer), I
DH> learned that all mail in 3 of my email accounts was lost when the
DH> service provider went out of business at the end of august.

DH> I would appreciate being recommended (on or off list) any email
DH> services that work well w/ TB! (I do *not* need an ISP, just 3 mail
DH> accounts, but not necessarily with the same source). The important
DH> issues are reliability and permanence, speed, the storage space
DH> provided, an absence of ads, low or nil cost and of course, that
DH> work well with TB! (*not* web based). Thanks in advance.

Douglas,

I strongly recommend privacyx.com. They have a free service which
gives you a paltry 2 megabytes of box space. But they also have a
premium service ($20/year) with ten megs of space and no ads.

The service is the most reliable I've found. They deliver something
like 99.7% of all mail within a few seconds. The best part is that
they strip all header info. Your IP etc is replaced by theirs, from a
security standpoint this is priceless.

I have two accounts with them. This one is a 2 meg freebo. My main
account is for business ( I use my real name with that one) and is the
10 meg premium. Since e-mail is the single most vital component of the
Internet, I wouldn't recommend bottom-fishing for a provider.

 ClueBusDriver                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]