Hello net5zero,

On  Sunday, October 08, 2000  at  17:08:58 GMT -0400 (which was 2:08 PM
where I live) witnesses say [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

> I have a filter with 2 conditions -- OR, not AND.  When I put one
> condition on the Alternatives tab, it doesn't work.  When I put it on
> the Rule tab with "|", it works.  There is no typo because I use copy
> and paste.

> Any ideas as to why?

I don't think it's your filters that are wrong, just your logical
expansion.  What you're trying to do is:

Not(A or B) = Not(A) and Not(B)

On the other hand:

Not(A) or Not(B) = Not( A and B)

Check the truth tables for these operations to see the difference.  If
you need help doing that, let me know and I'll try to show it to you.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Using The Bat! 1.47 Beta/7