On October 11, 2000 Ming-Li Wrote:

> Ok, I was asking because you mentioned in your first message that:

>> In addition, when I try to forward a message, all I receive is a
>> blank message, with no address included nor forwarded text.

Yes, that happened to me because I had initially deleted all of my Account
and Folder templates, and of course with nothing entered at the Account
level, that rendered the AB templates unusable. That apparently was a bug
that both Allie and Marck alluded to in an earlier thread... of which I
forgot to pay attention to. :o(

> If your forward template is the same in all levels, this shouldn't
> happen. So, anyway, we now narrow down to New Message templates and
> Reply templates.

I have identical forward templates now in the Folder, Account and AB
levels, so this is not a problem any longer.

> 1. Please double check the usual suspects first: does the email
> address of the AB entry match the one of the message you're replying
> to? Is the AB template's %INCLUDE macro referring to the right text
> file? Is the %PUT macro in that text file referring to the right
> signature file?

Yes on both accounts.

> 2. Copy the AB template (not the actual template file, but the one
> line template in the AB) and paste it to the account template, and
> see how it goes. (This is to make sure it's indeed the account
> template which is in effect.)

Yes, when I change the Account Template to what I have in the AB Reply
template as you suggest, the correct signature is applied. When I change
the Account level Reply template back to my generic reply template, then
again, the AB template is not used, despite have the appropriate box
checked instructing TB! to use this specific template.

> 3. Create a temporary account (like my TestBat account). You don't
> really need to acquire a new account; just create a new account and
> use the same data as your main account (except setting it not to
> check mail). Don't touch the default account templates in any way.
> Then copy the message to which you want to reply to the Inbox of the
> new account. Now try to reply from the new account and see if the AB
> template works.

No, the default Account level reply template is used, despite what I have
in my AB template for replies.

> Since I'm not sure how much you want to pursue this (since you seems
> to be content with folder templates), I'll stop here. If you get
> this far and the problem remains, we'll try some other tests to
> narrow it down.

I am more than happy with Folder level templates, because if I am in my
PGP-Basics Folder for instance, and I single click the New Message button,
a properly addressed blank message is presented. I've created a blank
entry in my AB and made it a favourite, so from the same Folder, I can
bring up a new non-addressed blank message and address it to whomever I
choose. So, in my opinion, I have the best of both worlds, aside from
having to be cautious when clicking on a mailto:.

Nevertheless, I am anxious to know why my AB reply template will not take
preference over my Account or Folder level templates.

Nick

N.J. Andriash [ TB! v1.47B7 | PGP 7.0 | Win 98 SE ]
 Vancouver, B.C. Canada | PGP Key ID:  0x7BA3FDCE