Hello Dierk & other fellow TB! Users,

Thursday, October 19, 2000, you stated:

DH> ... I don't like HTML in e-mail or usenet either but he will not
DH> *write* HTML as far as I understand him. He just wants to *read*
DH> it ...

DH>  ... there are some newsletters which use HTML to
DH>  their  advantage  (i.e.  clever  index  as links in the newsletter with
DH>  additional links to homepage). An example would be the german newsletter
DH>  "PCWelt".

The Economist's weekly newsletters are another good example.

It should be noted that the html file comes in as an attachment and
TB! can be set to either show or not show the html automatically -
which means that the file/message loads faster (w/ not show) and yet
it's available for viewing if desired.

Douglas Hinds