On Thursday, October 19, 2000, 11:50:00 AM, JM14 wrote:

> If I try to email to anyone at earthlink.net --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- TB stalls and I get the following error
> message:

> "Exception E Stack Overflow in module THEBAT.EXE at 7DEF3037
> Stack Overlow"

Not here.

> This is a new phenomenon.  It follows right on the heels of
> a recent infection of my system by the Win32.Mtx virus which
> came through TB as an email attachment.

> I cleaned the system -- successfully, I thought, and so my AV
> program reports -- but I am left now with this inability to mail
> to anyone at earthlink.net.

Virus cleaning sometimes can't be done 100%, especially if the virus
didn't simply attach itself to the end of program files. I would
suggest re-installing TB (BTW, it's also a good time to update your
Bat to the newest official release 1.46d), and see how it goes.

If the problem remains, maybe some other system files are damaged.
Did your antivirus program provide a log file with all the files it
had cleaned? If yes, you may try to replace those infected files
with the original (do you have backups?). Otherwise, I don't have
better ideas other than restoring every system and program files
from backup or reinstalling your system.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/7 | Win2k SP1