----------------------------------
On Sunday, October 22, 2000, 1:31:54 PM, Stefan Tanurkov wrote:

BG>> Personally, I find it difficult to follow "who said what" with your
BG>> implementation of the %quotes macro.  I STRONGLY prefer every line,
BG>> including blank lines to include the quote mark.  Can this be an
BG>> optional setting in the next version?

> Well, we can include it in our to-do list (it is very long and there
> is no guarantee such a feature will appear in the next version), but
> I really do not see the point. What is wrong with an empty line except
> it makes easier to read quoted paragraphs? :-)

I have a related suggestion/question:

Is it possible now (or in a future version) to allow quote identifying
options to be set separately by folder, rather than globally.  The use
of initials or quotes, as with BG> above, is tremendously helpful for
participation in discussion lists like this.  However, it is generally
not needed in routine correspondence, and even if it were used, I
would probably have different preferences for business/personal use.

If this feature already is available, please let me know how to invoke
it. So far, I have only been able to find this in setting my global
options.

-Abigail