(ACM == "A. Curtis Martin") [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

ACM> The method Marck and I (among others) have been using is very
ACM> effective in two ways. The first is that the method requires
ACM> minimal maintenance. The second is that you can examine the spam,
ACM> if you like, and report them so that the spammers can have a
ACM> little misery as well. We filter spam by exclusion, the principle
ACM> here being that if we can actually filter all messages that we
ACM> know are legitimate, then the rest of messages must be spam. This
ACM> simple principle is amazingly accurate.

I'll say! Since Marck suggested this to me a few weeks ago, very
little SPAM makes it to my Inbox. I'll bet I've seen only one that
made it into my Inbox since I implemented this filtering method.

It'll take a few tries to make sure you're filtering the _known_ stuff
-- that is meant for you -- though. After that, it /is/ pretty darn
accurate. However, I'd suggest not deleting stuff from the server
before it gets to you unless you have a lot of faith. I just redirect
it into a SPAM folder and check it every so often.

So far, I can usually just check the folder and hit Ctrl+Del ;-)

-Brian
--
Behold, the power of cheese!