On Saturday, December 23, 2000, 11:10:23 AM, A. wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to address the following argument in my previous
reply.

> For me, my default folders are TRUE defaults. If I wish to change
> the sorting view, I wish it to be done for all the folders.

You mean "sorting view", or threading view? Either one is hard to
understand to me. May I ask how many of your folders are default
folders?

To me, I want all my folders (except Outbox and Sent folder) to be
default folders. IOW, I want all my folders to look the same when
threading by, say, references. Same as you, I want different column
settings for "threading by references" and "threading by subject".
The most logical way to do this, is to have 5 default column
settings, one for each threading view. Then all my folders could be
default folders, and when I change view, it just use the default
column setting for that view.

What I don't want, is when I change threading view for my TB-related
folders (which I prefer threading by references), my school mailing
list folders are also changed. Why? Because it makes no sense to
thread my school mail by references (many of them have no reference
fields in the headers). Currently the only way to avoid this is to
make one (or both) of them a non-default folder, and change its
settings individually. But that makes adjusting column settings a
pain.

Say I have 10 folders (actually many more). 2 of them are normally
threaded by references, 3 of them are threaded by subject, and the
other 5 not threaded at all. The best I can do is set the 5
non-threaded to default folders, and adjust column settings for the
other 5 individually. I regularly use those 3 threading views for
all of them (though for each folder, one is preferred and used most
often), so I have to set up 18 different column settings (and the
more folders I have, the more settings to set up). If we do it my
way, I need to do that only 3 times, regardless how many folders I
have!

Assuming I want to adjust the size of my TB window tomorrow, and
want to adjust the width of subject column. How many adjustments do
I have to make? Currently, 18. In my way, 3.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.48f | Win2k SP1