Tuesday, December 26, 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> My printer is not working.  And every time I retrieve mail, I get an
> error message because of "error writing to LPT1"  When I look in the
> printer folder, it list many "bat message" as print jobs.

My printer is working now, so I no longer get the error message.
However, retrieving mail is still impacting on the printer.

Just now, when I pick up my mail, I have 30 messages being downloaded to
my computer.  I was looking at my taskbar.  Shortly after the mail
retrieval started, the printer icon appears on the task bar.  When I
opened the printer dialogbox, it shows several messages waiting in que
to be printed; and the light on my printer flashes.  Not all 30 messages
showed up in the printer dialogbox, only some.  And the funny thing is
that none of the messages were actually printed.

I am just curious as to why this is happening.  [It would that this is
caused by TheBat!]  And does this happen to any of you out there?

> Does the incoming mail go through the printer -- because when my printer
> was working, no messages were ever printed out?

> Or do I somehow by accident has set an option causing this to happen?

Thanks in advance

JM

Using The Bat! 1.44
Under Windows 95 4.0 Build 950