Hey A.,

ACM> On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:33:12 +0000, Manfred Ell contributed this
ACM> to our collective wisdom:

Kevin>>> I'm trying to write a Macro filter for a mail forwarding
Kevin>>> template, but am  not  having  much  luck  so  far.  What  I
Kevin>>> need is to spit out the original  text  while  stripping out all
Kevin>>> new line characters, carriage returns  and  tabs.  It  should
Kevin>>> also strip out any line in the message that contains one or more
Kevin>>> instances of ">".

ME>> Januk is the man  you are looking for ;-)

ACM> AFAIK, this cannot be pulled off with a single regex macro. This is
ACM> complex text processing that has to be done. It would need to be a
ACM> script that runs multiple search and delete operations (a regex being
ACM> used for each operation) and finally outputting the result. A Perl
ACM> script for example.

ACM> The regex macros that we've been using do a simple match and then either
ACM> outputs the entire match or a matched regex subpattern.

I'm not sure how RegEx is used in TB, but using perl        s/\n\t\//g;
would remove the new line (\n) and tab (\t) characters.  The > part
would be a little more.  If you want this in perl, email me offline...
It's fairly simple...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]