----------------------------------
On Thursday, January 04, 2001, 3:03:12 PM, Olivier Reubens wrote:

OR> 1) If I have received an e-mail into one of the mailboxes of an
OR> account which ISP I'm not connected to at the moment, I CAN retrieve
OR> the mail, but when replying it'll fail (relaying denied).

When you set the account options for that account, don't specify that
ISP's outgoing mail server. Under Account Properties, "Transport",
simply specify the SMTP server of whichever ISP you have that DOES
allow relaying & is most reliable.

The ONLY problem with this is that if you receive mail via a pop
server attached to domain1.com, and your mail is sent out via
domain2.com, this will appear in the RFC headers in the body of the
message, and it is possible that your mail could be rejected if the
intended recipient has filters that would block out mail from unknown
ISPs, or specifically domain2.com ISPs.

OR> I don't mind the originating address to
OR> mismatch the "from" address which they will reply to.  Most aren't
OR> smart enough to figure out how to obtain the real originating address
OR> anyway :-)

The "from" address will still be whatever you set it - the domain2.com
address will only be seen in the RFC headers. If you look at the
headers of this email, you will see that my email is at
"dyslexia.com", but this has been transmitted via ogopogo.flash.net -
I always do this.

OR> But, how do I define how to set another "From:" address when I reply
OR> to a mail from any of said inboxes.  I don't see a way to do this.
OR> When writing a mail, I can change the "From" to any of my account
OR> names, but I can't add my other mailboxes to it.
OR> Am I supposed to make a new mail account for each of my mail accounts
OR> (which I get via one and the same POP3 loginname)
OR> I haven't found an alternate way to make other "from" mail names.

Just right click on the folder where you are replying from, and choose
"Properties" - you can set everything under the tab marked "Identity".

-Abigail