Hi Douglas,

On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:54:29 -0600GMT (08/01/2001, 12:54 +0800GMT),
Douglas Hinds wrote:

DH> They made it the default for the outbox, sent and trash folders
DH> also. Does that strike you as reasonable.

I don't think these folders matter; I have never had an unread message
in the Outbox or Sent folders, and for those in the Trash, the filter
that moved them also marked them as read. ;-)

DH> What strikes ME as reasonable is a way to for the user to set the
DH> default.

Yes; see my previous mail.

DH> My TB! folder and subfolders ALONE have 12,794 messages in them. If
DH> I read all the email that comes in, I'd never do anything else.

Oh, so we've been lucky these days. I actually read each and every
mail I receive; an average of 100-200 per day. Exceptions are when I
am offline for a week or so (business trip or vacation), then I don't
read the mailing lists (which would account for over 1000 messages).

DH> True. Also, I'd like to see a centralized manager for the ticker,
DH> filters, templates etc. The recent versions have a kill all dupes in
DH> all folders command, I understand.

Yes. They also have "Compress All Folders", and "Purge & Compress All
Folders" (mistakenly only named "Purge All folders" - another
annoyance that would take them two minutes to fix, but we have been
begging for months).

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.49
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.