Hi Jan,
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, at 20:57:49 -0500 you wrote:

JR> TB! Settings:
JR> Transport Settings:
JR>   SMTP Server = mail.gmx.co.uk
JR>   Authentication: Perform SMTP authentication [selected]
JR>   Use settings of Mail Retrieval [selected]
JR>   User & password re-entered & confirmed correct

JR>   Result: I can rcv mail but I can't send mail.

This is getting strange now. As you can rcv mail, your user name
and password settings must be correct, so no need to change
this. BTW, the SMTP server accepts both your customer number and
your complete eMail address as user name, I just checked this.

What error does TB! report when trying to send mail?

Feel free to contact me off-list, as this is becoming quite a
specific discussion now.

--
Regards,
Lars

The Bat! 1.49c on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1
|        Lars Geiger  |  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        |
| PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=GetPublicKey> |