George F Schoelles wrote:

MK>> I installed TheBat! 1.49 to C:\TheBat directory.  I am wanting to
MK>> move TheBat! 1.49 to another computer.  Can I just back up
MK>> C:\TheBat directory and use REGEDIT to export the following Windows
MK>> Registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\The Bat!" to move all
MK>> of my settings to another computer?

> I did it with a backup file from TB, but the REG exported is not
> common between 98xx and NTxx.  Though once imported I did the find
> lost directory thingy which eludes me at the moment and all seemed
> fine.

I tried moving the Windows 2000 Registry export to the Windows 98SE
computer without success -- registry format differences and .REG file
format differences too.

I installed TB! 1.49 on the Windows 98SE computer.  I then backed up the
C:\TheBat directory on the Windows 2000 computer using Winzip.  Copied
the archive file to the Windows 98SE computer.  Unzipped the archive
file to the C:\TheBat directory.  Ran TheBat! without any problems on
Windows 98SE.

You can only move the Windows Registry portion between alike Windows
versions.

--
Mark Knipfer
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]