Thanks for clarifying this, Ming-Li.  There are, of course, some differences
between platforms (e.g., availability of acls and auditing of registry objects
in the NT/2000 family). There are also tons of reg keys that you simply won't
see on an 9x machine. Most non-platform-specific software, however, doesn't care
about any of this; I was simply addressing the backward compatibility of the
non-unicode regedit export format.

(hope this reply came across OK, I'm resigned to a PITA cut/paste with Lotus
Notes.)

jon

Ming-Li ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 at 09:31:54 -0400 Jonathan Wayne wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that there is no difference in the registry format
> of the Windows 9x, 2000, NT, etc family.

I think this statement needs a little clarification. If you mean the
entries TB put into the registry (mostly under the HKCU...\RIT
branch, plus some others) are all the same regardless what OS
platform your machine has, then it's correct.

OTOH, if you mean all those different windows have the same registry
format in general, then it's not correct. WinNT/2k line does have
registry data formats that are not available to Win9x.

Ming-Li