Hi Shauna,
On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, at 06:25:04 -0600 you wrote:

LG>> How did the transfer take place?

SS> I did a straight transfer over the network.

>From a read-only directory, I guess (which would be the usual and
sensible case :-)

SS> That was the problem, though, apparently, it's not just
SS> transferring via CDR that causes the attributes to change.

Transferring from a read-only network resource is just the same
thing. Windows seems to check what it is allowed to do on the
source drive and adjusts the file attributes accordingly.

SS> Do you suppose the write protection also explains why the
SS> uninstall didn't work?

No, IIRC the problems with the uninstall routine is a long
standing annoyance. But I wouldn't want to uninstall TB! anyway
:-)

SS> I'll keep Allie's instructions just in case.

I guess that would be a good idea. That way you will surely get a
clean re-install.

--
Regards,
Lars

The Bat! 1.52 Beta/12 on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1
|        Lars Geiger  |  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        |
| PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=GetPublicKey> |