Hello TBUDL,

I'm sending from this address as I have trouble retrieving messages
from Kimo.

TB is Connecting to Server... forever. I don't get error messages
(nor timeouts). I called to Kimo's tech support and complained - they
said there POP server is fine, and they have not received any other
complaints.

Then I went directly into the POP server (telnet pop3.kimo.com.tw
100), and everything was fine. UIDL, RETR 1, QUIT. Nevertheless, TB
does not pick up the messages! Conecting to server... forever.

This problem does not exist with any other of the POP accounts.

I even disabled my firewall and my trojan monitor temporarily just to
see whether it's them blocking any packages. Package monitor says TB
sends packages to port 110.

Tech suport confirmed that their DNS server was down on the weekend
and mails got rejected during that time.

Tech support did not know the IP address of pop3.kimo.com.tw and will
send me an email (to GMX, because I cannot check Kimo....), but is
there a way we can look this up somewhere?

Does anybody know another freemailer in Taiwan? The problem with GMX
is that picking up more than 100 messages at a time is a problem, at
least whne the pop server is 20,000 km away. When there are so many
messages (over 100 or so) on the server, I have to abort every 10 or
20 messages, then start again. That's why I usually use this email
address here only for half of my mailing lists (the German language
ones).

--

Cheers,
Thomas                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]