Hello List,

and I have to answer to myself a second time, but this shouldn't matter as
nobody seems to follow this branch of the thread and so the only one I'm
interrupting (and maybe disturbing) is myself *biggrin*

I have to correct myself. After the last mail I've sent I noticed I hadn't
updated my TB! version here on my notebook and so I did now to 1.53bis(2).
With this version the 'bHelp" button is correctly a "Help" button.

As I've used the installer (OK, the german one from www.batmail.de, but I
can't imagine this REALLY matters) and this replaces some more files than only
the .exe it may be a ressource-related problem (like something in the
"thebat.lng" file)?

<Back after noticing german installer is 1.53bis(1) *grrrr*>
OK, downloaded bis(2) thebat.exe too *grrr*
Versioning is a really fine thing, AS LONG it's used sensefull :-(
Neither .exe nor any .dll from RIT has any version information in it's headers
visible to file explorer and if <Alt>+F1 tells me it's bis and the installer
is from June 14th I thought is is the actual bis :-(
RIT: could you please try to avoid using version declarations twice in future?
THX.

But back to topic: even with CORRECT 1.53bis(2) the Help-button is still a
"Help" one, "bHelp" did not re-occoured.
Renaming TheBat.lng did not bring it back and there are not .dll's I can see
that can effect that. As long as I've understood TB! runs without any .dll's
(almost basic functions I know, but it works!).
The installer also added no key to the registry I can imagine effecting this,
it only sets keys for Uninstaller (DisplayName & UninstallString), where
"Program Files" is located, what "ProgramDir" is, Language (it sets to
german) and "Editor Language" (I think this is something related to spell checker
language). Nothing I'd assume to be able to change the button-writings.

So all in all: I've seen it with a RC/4 but after upgrading to 1.53bis(1|2) it
disappeared and I'm not able to reproduce it.
This is not really a help in finding the culprit, but maybe the problem gets
solved when using the installer one time and replacing the .exe if necessary
(means: if the .exe get's overwritten by the installer)
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Love means never having to say "Put down that chainsaw"