Hello Chema,

CB> Last  time  I  saw it, Palm Desktop was free-download, although theory
CB> says it must only be used with Palm devices

This intrigued me, so I went there to see.  And found this:

"Palm Desktop 4.0.1 installer only supports handhelds from Palm, Inc."

It seems they are saying not to try to use with a cheap generic
device. But, let me assume that all Palm functionality should also be available on
*any* *desktop* computer that supports the cradle. Thoughts?

Anybody know why this is not a viable "sample" for us, "before" we buy
a device from Palm?  Frankly, I am not sure there is a role for a Palm
or any other PDA in my life. But this might actually be a good selling
tool for Palm, aimed at skeptics. Like me.

I'll let you know what I find and experience. Others with comments?

David

CB> http://www.palm.com/support/downloads/win_desktop.html

CB> I actually use it as my contact manager, right-clicking on contacts to
CB> send mail with TB.

CB> --
CB> Chema Berian
CB> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CB> Spanish GDUTB Moderator

CB> Using The Bat! 1.53o on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2

CB> TB  Tip  of  the  Moment: The little arrow in the corner of envelope
CB> of a message means that the message has been replied. You can quickly
CB> find the reply by pressing Ctrl+Backspace.

CB> PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

 David                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]