On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:50:02 +0530, Raj [R] wrote these comments:
R> For each folder there is now another folder with 000 in front of
R> it. It does appear that the folder with 000 is the one being used
R> and the earlier folders before W2K install are the ones w/o the 000

R> http://www.mailmejobs.com/tbd.jpg

Interesting. I see.

R> The reason I checked was that the QT's configured where not working
R> as they were supposed to.

This is expected since the QT info is stored in the acct folders.

R> Any suggestions as to how I could TB to point to the correct
R> folders. In TB the folders are w/o the 000 names.

First, note that you can easily relocate account home directories via
the account properties/files and directories by browsing to the new
location. TB! simply moves the account contents to the new location.
You therefore cannot do this.

The best way to do this would be to edit the registry. Editing the
entries related to TB! will not affect Win2k as a whole. It will only
affect TB!. The registry is really not that bad provided you know what
you're changing. A lot of TB!'s registry entries and their values are
in plain text.

Do the editing after exiting TB! and make a backup of the the TB!
registry subkey so that you can restore it in case your editing
doesn't improve your situation. Simply highlight the subkey
'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\rit' then go to file//export.

Now navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\rit\The Bat!\Users Depot

Take a patient look at it and you'll see the pattern. User#'s refer to
your accounts and Dir#'s refer to their corresponding directory. All
you need to do is to double click on each of those Dir#'s and enter
the relevant path.

Here's a screen shot of what my 'users depot' sub-key looks like.

http://www.geocities.com/acmartin.geo/usersdepot.png

You'll see what I mean about the User#'s and the Dir#'s. I see that
your folders are in the default location, i.e., where TB! decides to
put them. You may therefore see <default> as the value for all your
Dir#'s. These need to be changed to the desired paths. Simply
double-click on each of the entries and the editor sub-window will
pop-up for you to make the change.

If things are looking different just send another screen capture of
your users depot subkey so I can see what it looks like.

***

If you don't like this method, then you could try copying the correct
folders to another directory. Change the home directories to their
rightful folders via the account preferences, then close TB! and
recopy the folders over.

I say it quickly but it's more hassle to actually do it. I don't know
how well it would work either since I always go the registry route
which never fails me.

- --
©Allie C Martin  --  List Moderator and fellow end-user
  PGPKey- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=PGPPubKey1
   [MUA: TB! v1.54/10  (*)  OS: Win2K SP 2]
__