Thursday, November 01, 2001, 11:02:21 AM, Allie wrote:

ACM> But hold on. If you move folders around in TB!, it *will* break
ACM> any shortcuts that you may have created in Mailbag Assistant,
ACM> since the shortcuts are pointing to the folders original location
ACM> and not where you moved them to.

ACM> I don't see how Mailbag Assistant would get confused unless
ACM> you're referring to bookmarks/shortcuts that you created.
ACM> Otherwise it's you who have to manually navigate to the message
ACM> bases.

Allie,

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned that I have only just
begun to use Mailbag Assistant, and have therefore no shortcuts were
in existence.

It is difficult to explain...but I will try!

Originally all my TBUDL mail went to Account A...sometime earlier this
year I altered everything and my TBUDl mail then went to AccountB. All
the folders in the TB! interface were as they should have been and all
my sorting filters were working fine.

When I got Mailbag Assistant earlier this week, I successfully
archived the mail in my other accounts and folders with no problems.
When I went to archive my TBUDL mail, Mailbag could only *find* 10
mails - and there were over 900 in the folders. I was pointing Mailbag
to the correct folder and there was no way it would come up with the
total number of mails. When I snooped around in Explorer...I found
that there were remnants of the TBUDL folders which had originally
been in Account A. These I deleted but it made no difference.

There were *additional* sent and received folders under that account
in Explorer....which *I* did not create. The only way I been able to
resolve this problem was to follow the steps outlined in my original
post. So far, all mail coming in is going where it should and Mailbag
is now *reading* the correct number of mails.

I know this probably makes no sense...it makes even less to me...but
something weird has definitely happened at some point to corrupt
Explorer's *catching up* on changes that have been made in the past in
TB! itself. I will watch with interest to see if a similar problem
occurs if and when I make any future adjustments within TB!

Thanks again for your help.

- --
Carren

For PGP Key: