Hi Dwight,

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:57:40 -0600GMT (05/12/2001, 04:57 +0800GMT),
Dwight A Corrin wrote:

>> I think this would be fixed by a "received by server" time ordering,
>> assuming my ISP keeps each of my pop mailboxes on the same machine
>> (which I think it must - they're all on the same POP host, just
>> different user names), or at least with synchronized clocks.

DAC> If you count batpost.com I get mail through six different ISPs, so one
DAC> would have to count on all them having clocks in agreement as well.

Seeing that we, as home PC users, synchronise our clocks to the
millisecond with the atomic clocks, wouldn't an ISP do that routinely?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53t
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.