Hello Joe,

On 14 Dec 2001 at 23:01:45 you wrote (at least in part):

JF> 1. The ability to import my old Bat! address book into my new Bat
JF> address book.  Please tell that it can be done -- or you will read
JF> about me on the 6 o'clock news, something about a man climbing a tower
JF> with a high-powered rifle...

OK ... to avoid having to switch on the television I'll be nice and
tell the the obvious:

Open TB!-Addressbook. Choose "File" / "Import from" ... and now .. you
won't believe it: "The Bat! Address Book" ... :-)

JF> 2. Have the wonderful folks at Ritlabs send me a replacement key to
JF> use in my freshly-downloaded trial version. Yes, I'd be happy to pay a
JF> small fee for this privilege. Can it be done?

I'm sure ... but there can be an easier (and cheaper) way: maybe you
have not deleted your old mail with the initial key.
Import the mailbox containing that key ("Tools" / "Import Messages" /
"From The Bat! Message Base (.TBB files) ..."), go to that message and
use "Help" / "Enter Registration Code". The main information should be
already inserted, you should only need to provide your password.

JF> It's not so important that I be able to import all of the old account
JF> and folder information, because I'm taking this as an opportunity to
JF> do a little house-cleaning.  But I would like to be able to save the
JF> messages in certain folders.  Can it be done?

As suggested a few line above. You're able to import back your old
'.tbb' files.

JF> And please be gentle.

Hope I was :-)
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any given program, when running correctly, is obsolete.