Like many, I suppose, but certainly not like all, I sort by
'created', so that old mail is at the top of the message list, and
new mail at the bottom, with the newest of the new mail at the very
bottom.

Control-Alt-Left is supposed to move to the next unread message, and
does so.  But when the next unread is in another folder, the behavior
is less than desirable for me, because it jumps to the last unread
message in the folder (the very bottom-most message) rather than the
first unread message (which would be at the top of the unread pile,
next to the last read, where my folder focus would be parked). This
means I'd be reading messages out of order, of course, so I have to
manually put the focus where I want it to read them in order.  For
me, then, the shortcut creates more work rather than making life
easier, particularly in large volume folders where repositioning may
mean moving up dozens or even hundreds of messages, to the first new
one that came in.  In my case, it's better to simply navigate
normally to the folder in question, since my focus will already be on
the last read, next to the *real* next unread.

Wondering if I'm alone in seeing this as a flaw (*next* unread, after
all, would seem to connote "the unread message that came in *least*
recently, therefore being the *next* one you would want to read"),
and wondering if anyone has a work around.

--
Best,

Yuki ^_^

Using The Bat! v1.60c on Windows 2000