Hello Greg,

On Wednesday, April 3, 2002 at 2:32:04 AM you wrote (at least in
part):

GS> Can TB! be configured to run on a multi-boot PC so ONLY ONE message base
GS> exists?

Yes.

GS> I have 3 partitions
GS> (1) 1st partition for application set A & OS Win98
GS> (2) 2nd partition for application set B & OS Win98
GS> (3) Extended partition for data

GS> This set up is to eliminate potential conflicts of applications.

GS> What I've done for other applications is install them on the extended
GS> partition because it always boots to D.  When I ask this question I would
GS> appreciate it when answering to keep in mind potential problems when I
GS> upgrade this old PC to either Win2k or WinXP Pro.

Install TB! where ever you like. In 'Options' / 'Preferences' /
'System' / 'Mail directory' you can set the base path to your message
base, which should be finally located at the (extended) data
partition.

If both installations are set to the same path as 'Mail directory'
everything should be fine. The only thing you can't share within a dual
boot environment are all settings done in registry.
I.e. settings like Font, date format settings, etc ... you'll have to
set up TB! once, than export the registry branch of TB! and import
this one into the other OS for having your account's being recognized
(The name and [if different from default] account dir are stored in
registry, account data itself not).

HTH Pit
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A pessimist sees "No parking." - An optimist sees "Anytime."