Fri, 26 Apr 2002 06:33:34[GMT -0700]   (9:33 AM EDST) Carter Thomas
wrote:

> HI!

> tbudl:

> Occasionally I send an email message, only to discover that I've left
> out a URL or an attachment. How can I edit the sent message as if
> were the original message?

> When I go to the sent folder and open up the message, I can't type
> anything in the message body.

> I could cut and paste the contents into a new message but I was just
> wondering if I have overlooked the more direct way of editing (and
> resending) a message that has already been sent.

1. Highlight the message in the list.

2. Forward the message (Message | Forward)

The message will appear on the screen.  Edit what you will.  Then send
the message.

Note: Forwarded messages will have additional stuff, in accordance
with the Forward Template for the folder you're forwarding a message
from.  You might want to:

a) edit the forwarding stuff out on a message by message basis (what
I'd probably do) or

b) create an empty Forward Template for your Sent folder (maybe not so
great an idea)

Using The Bat! v1.60c
on Windows 95 4.0 Build 1111 B

--

Daniel A. Grunberg       Kensington, Maryland, USA
homepage: www.nyx.net/~dgrunber/