In TheBat! 1.60h I am experiencing a frequently occurring problem.
TheBat receives new e-mails in a mail folder.  The number of new
unread messages appear out from the folder.  The messages appear
unread (bold) in the message list.  When I press Ctrl+] or Ctrl+[ or
even highlight the new unread messages, including hitting Ctrl+M on
the mail folder to mark all messages read, TheBat! will not proceed to
read the new unread messages where it will mark the messages read.

I have to exit and run TheBat! 1.60h several times to even be able to
read the unread messages in the mail folder(s) by pressing the Ctrl+]
or Ctrl+[ keys.

This is an annoying problem in TheBat! 1.60h.  I thought about
switching to TheBat! until Forte, Inc. releases Agent 2.0 later this
year, but after the problems I am experiencing in TheBat! I am
beginning to wonder.

--
Using The Bat! v1.60h
OS: Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2