I just upgraded from 1.53 to 1.60h and find that I now cannot author
emails to people who are NOT in my address book already. What happens
is that the instant I type a letter into "To", "CC", or "BCC" that
makes it clear that the address is not one The Bat can fill in for me,
I get a series of a dozen or so error dialogs cascading down my
screen, one after another, saying "Access violation at address
xxxxxxxx in module 'comctl32.dll'. Write of address xxxxxxx.  This
series of nearly identical error dialogs (the offended addresses
change with each one) is followed by a similar error referencing
another dll, "usr32.dll".  When I close this dialog and the last of
the "comctl32" dialogs, The Bat closes.

"Mailto" URLs seem to work fine for some reason, as do PASTEd
addresses.

I want to revert back to an earlier version, perhaps my old 1.53,
which always ran perfectly.  Can I install over my existing version
without wrecking anything?  Is the problem I have described above a
known bug?  If so, is there a workaround?

Many TIA.

 Michael Kellogg
 Using The Bat! v1.60h on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600