Hi all -

I have been migrating my old NT4 system to a new machine
with Win2000Pro SP2, and having some problems with TB I
can't figure out.

I installed TB v1.51 to the new Win2kPro system, and
imported my mailboxes. This seemed to go just fine, except
that on loading, I get a series of error messages:

Can not access directory I:\thebat
Can not access directory I:\thebat\mail
Can not access directory I:\thebat\mail\Lynn

and so on .. these refer to the locations the mailboxes
were imported from, not to the current locations.

I OK them all, but on fetch TB hangs the connect after
fetching a message, or sometimes a few messages, and
that's that until I reboot. It hangs the whole connect,
the browsers don't browse, either, past the first 25% or
so of any page loaded. A reboot often (but not always ..
sometimes it takes several reboots) fixes this.

At any rate, after a successful reboot I went to the
RitLab site to find some support and discovered there was
a new release, so I dl'ed that and installed it. Same
problems, except that now it seems to take more reboots to
get a successful connect, and sometimes it appears to be
fixed but only gets about half the mail on the server
before hanging again.

Some background here .. I'm running Wingate 4.5 as a
proxy. Been running WG several years with no problems.
Have one other W2kPro (SP 2) system on the network running
TB 1.51, no problems, still have an NT4 (SP 6a) system up,
running TB 1.51, no problems, and now one NT4 (SP 6a) system
running TB 1.61, no problems. It's a peer-to-peer system,
the file server/gateway machine is running W2kPro (SP 2).

So far I haven't had any problems sending mail, even when
the fetch is hung.

Also, and this may or may not be related to the previous
issues, I can't get it to compress and/or compress and
purge the trash folder. It hangs (program not responding)
and sometimes returns an 'out of memory' error .. there's
512 Meg of RAM on the system, and Windows is not managing
the virtual memory. I was thinking that the quick fix
for this might be to delete the folder and hope that the
program would regenerate it on the next start up, but will
that work?

Anybody got any clues about this?

TIA,

Lynn

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]         * * *    Aun Aprendo
I'd rather be WARP'ed    * * *      Team OS/2

http://www.sites.onlinemac.com/hawthorne/