Hello Allie C MartinAllie,

Sunday, May 12, 2002, 12:07:13 PM, in a galaxy far, far away, Allie wrote:

Allie C Martin> Hash: SHA1

Allie C Martin> Spike [S] wrote:
Allie C Martin> ...
S>> My TB Mail folder is presently 6.4GB with no degradation of
S>> performance, other than a long folder compress time on shutdown!

Allie C Martin> Yes, but do you have a single mail folder containing 1GB of mail. If
Allie C Martin> it were TB mail, I did some rough calculations based on my base sizes
Allie C Martin> and came up with over 300,000 messages for that one base. Either the
Allie C Martin> folder has some massive attachments in it or it hasn't been
Allie C Martin> compressed.

In TB! - two most populous of 11 mailboxes

POP #1 = 29,891 messages (mostly major attachments)
POP #9 = 14,300 messages (mostly major attachments)

Messages in Netscape mail to be imported = 78,998 (about 70% major attachments).

Average attachment size per message (list postings) in these mailboxes is
350K.  All are being compressed.  In V1.53d (Win98SE), it took up to
40 minutes to compress, now in 1.60h it took about 2.5 minutes (Win98SE)!
A big improvement on that aspect.  I also noticed a further improvement
upon installing Win2K, now down to 1.25 minutes to compress as well.  The
file saving windows also are enormously zippier in Win2K. ;-)

I don't hear no stinkin' beeps, but then, I turn down the sound
on my system! :-p  Usually beeps come with !!!!!! in the account
logs.  As long as I get all my messages without errors, I could
care less about beeps!

Allie C Martin> - --
Allie C Martin>  -=Allie C Martin=-
Allie C Martin> List Moderator | TB! v1.60k | Windows XP Pro

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

Get a PERMANENT 100MB capacity mailbox for ONLY
$29.95/year.  No more lost mail due to mailbox
capacity restrictions.  Access by POP3 or Webmail!
Earn a FREE mailbox with their referral program.
(HINT - You get $11.00 towards your mailbox for
each referral who signs up!)
Apply NOW at http://1110.runbox.com
Tired of getting every virus that comes along?
Get The Bat!  Virtually immune to virus attack.
Does not use the Windows Address Book!
http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html