Hi Leviathan,
On Wed, 15 May 2002 07:00:00 -0400, you wrote:

> I'm testing out The Bat! on a machine that dual-boots Windows 98 SE and
> Windows XP. It seems to work flawlessly under 98, but under XP, The Bat
> won't talk to _any_ SMTP Servers, including Advanced Direct Remailer
> running on the local host.

Are you running WinXP's built in firewall?  I've heard it has been known to
cause some problems.  It could be a default setting that allows *only* microsoft
products to connect (wouldn't shock many people).  Try opening outlook Express,
creating a dummy account, and sending an email.... see if it goes.  Other than
that, I'm lost.  I use WinXP Pro at work all the time without any hassles
sending or recieving emails.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])