Hi Markus,

MG> Hi,

MG> Leviathan wrote in msgid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] :

>> Getting even weirder.

>> I have a secondary account set up on my "The Bat!" client.

>> I _can_ send from that.

>> The SMTP settings under the "Transport" property are identical.

>> Now, where are we?

MG> What does the Bat's log tell you?

Only that the message didn't send.

MG> Did you perhaps accidentally activate SMTP authentication?

No, I checked for that. The accounts settings are identical to those
of the account that works.

More fun. I re-named the non-working account, created a new version --
which came fully populated with folders and filters as soon as I named
it -- and deleted the original troublemaker.

The new account does the same thing.

It also doesn't seem to know how many messages it has queued, as the
activity-monitor thingie shows it's attempting to send "1/?" -- and no,
it isn't the individual message because I've been deleting
unsuccessful messages and creating new test messages to check that --
and hangs there, counting off the duration of the attempt for as long
as I'll let it, without ever making friends with the SMTP Server.

--

Jonathan Andrew Sheen

http://www.leviathanstudios.com
Leviathan of the GEI (Detached.)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"What'dya expect? I'm a New Yorker!"
-Anonymous New York Firefighter, 9/12/01