Hello Paul!

On Tuesday, June 25, 2002 at 11:09:37 PM you wrote:

> I don't see that in my circle of friends or co-workers. More people
> are looking to simple modular concepts to handle individual tasks.

Just to show that I'm still alive.

I see the same trend, people going from all-encompassing electronic
utility devices called "Handy" in Germany (cellular phones to the rest
of the world) back to small easy-to-use mobile phones.

For a short time games, calendars, changeable logos/sounds were all
the hype. People were desperately waiting for "n ew" technologies like
WAP and UMTS. Well, the first one was launched but never gained
ground. The second one has not yet even been launched (and I doubt it
ever will sky-rocket).

Nokia and Siemens may still be the best-selling cells, but Motorola is
gaining because they leave out a lot of gimmickery.

For software I see the same. Like for bags, clothing and cars (No,
there really is no "all-purpose-vehicle", you have to compromise).

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.60q on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

No name calling.