Hi Roelof.

Thanks for replying to my msg.

At 11:41 AM on Saturday, August 03, 2002 you [RO] wrote the
following about [a real mystery]:

JR>>   Suddenly I can't delete msgs from any folder. If I click
JR>>   on the waste basket icon or <DEL>, the result is the same,
JR>>   my system locks up for a few seconds.

RO> Close TB
RO> Delete the messages.tbi file from the malfunctioning folders
RO> (including Trash)
RO> Run Scandisk
RO> Start TB and try to delete messages again

 Followed steps 1-3.
 Don't have scandisk/ used chkdsk reports file record
 segments unreadable 90276 thru 90287, unrecoverable
 problems.
 After re-starting TB!, same symptoms.

 I also re-installed current beta thinking it might have
 been corrupted. same symptoms.

 I installed last release v1.61. same symptoms.

 I returned to current beta.

 I have msgs out to dell forums & tech support.

 Anyone else have some thoughts on this situation.

 TIA

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA