Hello Thomas,

in [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] was written:

TF> Can anybody else who is not using traditional Chinese confirm this, be
TF> it double-byte or single-byte languages?

I'm sorry, I can't.
I'm using an English W2K with set to German locales where ever this is
possible (on 'General' tab, 'Numbers', 'Currency', 'Time', 'Date' and
'Input Locales') and don't have any problem with an unusual file extension
when saving attachments. Albeit I have to confess since Drag 'n Drop is
possible I do seldom save by 'Dialog', I've just tested and the selected
file type is 'All Files (*.*)'.

So it seems to be a 'double-byte system set to single byte locale' problem :-(

I know I doesn't help, but that's all informations I can provide ....
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Whiskey bottles, brand new cars, oak tree, you're in my way.