Hello Wayne,

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:46:56 -0700 GMT (15/08/02, 08:46 +0700 GMT),
Wayne Black wrote:

WB> Is it true that version 2.x of TheBat will have all files needed in
WB> the main directory? In other words, no need for a registry file?

I have not heard this, and frankly, I doubt it. The registry keys that
TB uses are located in HK_Current_User and the very reason for this
is that many people use TB on the same computer with someone else, and
they use different ID's. So they most likely have different settings
in their TB and use the advantages of HKCU to its full extent.

WB> It would be great security too since TheBat would not even reside on
WB> your computer.

I am not sure about this. If all someone needs is to take away the USB
drive, and can then plug it in any computer, it doesn't sound secure
to me. I feel much safer having depend TB on my PC, over which I have
more physical control than over a portable drive. The bad boy has to
either sit on my own chair (he who doth that is doomed), carry the
computer away (less likely than carrying a USB drive) or gain access
through the internet (hacking / trojans etc) which I hope to prevent.

No, I think it would be a lot less security if TB resided completely
on a USB drive. Unless you lock the drive into a safe, right there
with your diamond rings and the cash money the IRS doesn't know about.

<Ad>
You have a USB drive and need security for your email? Try SecureBat!
Click here: www.ritlabs.com>
</Ad>

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Never do card tricks for the group you play poker with.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM