Hi Allie!

In message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
on Sunday, September 29, 2002, 10:53:51 PM, you wrote:

ACM> In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
ACM> Scott Mcnay [SM] wrote:'

SM>> First, in the sorting office, you can set an email to have
SM>> various addresses added to a specific address book. Is there any
SM>> way to call this from a template? That way, if I reply to
SM>> someone, I can have the name/email/etc added to a whitelist
SM>> address book. I can think of some other interesting uses of this
SM>> also.

ACM> This can be done but if you wish to do it for multiple folders then
ACM> you'll have to do some hoop jumping. A replied filter would be what
ACM> you need. One that will match any message (you can use the filter
ACM> string 'e' and source 'Kludges'), check to see if the sender address
ACM> is in your address book, and if not, add it to the whitelist group.
ACM> Both of those settings are under the advanced tab.

ACM> Unfortunately, these replied filters are bound to single folders as
ACM> the message source when working automatically and a target folder
ACM> has to be defined.

A  target  folder  is ok, since I sooner or later move my sent mail to
the  inbox anyway, to be automatically sorted by the same filters that
handle  incoming email; I'd just rather have things happen immediately
instead   of  waiting  for  me  to  manually  move  the  replies  and
re-filtering.

--
--Scott.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using  The  Bat! 1.61 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 on an AMD Athlon
XP 1900 (1.6G real, 1.9G effective) with 512MB.