Hi Joseph!

In message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
on Monday, September 30, 2002, 8:08:30 AM, you wrote:

SM>> A target folder is ok, since I sooner or later move my sent mail
SM>> to the inbox anyway, to be automatically sorted by the same
SM>> filters that handle incoming email

JN> That technique seems preferable to setting up mirrored filters for
JN> sent and read mail.  Have you experienced any problems or changes to
JN> message attributes by changing folders like that?

No,  I  don't  change  any  attributes,  just move the messages to the
intended  folders.  Well,  spam  emails  and  some  repetitive routine
messages  get marked as read. In Outhouse, I had mirror rules, but now
I  search,  in  most  cases, for an email address somewhere within the
header,  and  this  applies  quite well for both outgoing and incoming
mail.

Outhouse  also has an option to save replies in the same folder as the
original.  By  now  using  a  single  rule  (usually not even compound
rules),   I   avoid  the  need  to  deliberately  reproduce  the  same
functionality in The Bat!.

--
--Scott.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using  The  Bat! 1.61 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 on an AMD Athlon
XP 1900 (1.6G real, 1.9G effective) with 512MB.