Hello Gary,

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:44:27 -0500 GMT (05/10/02, 22:44 +0700 GMT),
Gary wrote:

G> hinet.net is really hinet.net.tw  which is from Taiwan.

It is the biggest ISP in Taiwan, and it is hinet.net (.net as the TLD,
without .tw). www.hinet.net They used to be my main ISP when I lived
in Taiwan, so the recommendation to filter out everything from them is
not a good idea, if another user in Taiwan joins this list.

G> The 4 numbers, plus your return address, ... well, it is probably
G> spam to begin with.

ACK.

A>> The oddest part is that the email contains the text of a just received
A>> message... yet when you re-read it the text changes to the text of ANOTHER
A>> message in the same folder.

G> It is probably from a spam program which is not RFC 2821(SMTP) or RFC 1652
G> (8-bit MIMEtransport) compliant, and your ISP's SMTP does not recognize it
G> and mangles it during receipt,

I would like to see that. Once a message is in the TB folder, it
cannot be mangled any more.

G> as they (ISP) may not have an 8-bit clean extended character MTA.
G> It could also contain java script which is not a good thing..

But the script wouldn't execute under TB.

Art, could you MIME-forward suc a message to me by PM?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

You have a right to your opinions. I just don't want to hear them.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM