Hallo Chris,

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:37:13 -0700GMT (8-10-02, 9:37 +0200GMT, where I
live), you wrote:

DW>>> Roelof, this message didn't integrate with the thread.
RO>> That's weird, because it does over here, just as yours.
CW> It's not in a thread in mine either.

It's getting weirder and weirder.
This message (the one I'm writing now) shows this references header:

 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The top surfcity.net matches the the msg-id of your message in tbudl
about av-programs.
The second is my message of which you are both complaining that it
isn't threaded, whereas it shows in my database both the correct
references and in-reply-to headers.
The third is Doug's message about the threading issue.
The fourth is my reply
The fifth is your last message and since my message includes five
references, yours ought to include four, because that's where my TB
gets those. (And your message includes four, just check it.)

If my message doesn't thread, than the first message in the thread
should have another msg-id at your computer than on mine. That's not
the way the list server should work. And since the messages I send get
back to me with the same msg-id I don't think that the list server
messes up.

You sent your question to two lists: tbot and tbudl, they arrived here
with the same message-id. Could it be that your tbot filter is placed
above the tbudl filter and that it filters on <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
in the to-header? That way you get two copies in tbot and none in
tbudl. Therefore my message in tbudl finds itself in an orphaned
thread. This is just a guess, but one that could explain why two list
members find my message unthreaded, while it is in a thread on my pc.

The remedy could be in this case to filter list messages not on the
to-header, but on a header that's included by the list-server, like:
Since most lists include a reply-to, that's my preferred filter
condition, but ymmv.

--
Groetjes, Roelof