As a result of top posting, your message includes all signatures and
previous list footers of the message you are replying to - another
no-no and this one is against the list rules. Please trim your replies.
</moderator>

Can you please tell me how to do this?  (In order to avoid offending
again, I have copied and pasted the pertinent part of your earlier
message to me. I hope that is not also a no-no.)

I am a true newbie and am using version 1.61 of The Bat! on a trial
basis. Thought I could get some help here, but maybe this List is too
advanced for me. Do you have a Rank Beginner's List available?

Would you prefer that I just unsubscribe, having caused you so much
trouble?

Mary