Wednesday, October 23, 2002, 1:50:19 AM, Tom wrote in message
mid:10014002103.20021023105019@;tpg.com.au

TS> I was thinking about this. I use a program called SuperMemo
TS> (www.supermemo.com) and one of its features(?) is the ability to set
TS> various levels of operation - basic, intermediate and so on.
TS> Obviously, at the basic level most of the functions are hidden, and
TS> are gradually revealed at each level. Can something like this be
TS> considered for The Bat? Not being a programmer I don't fully
TS> appreciate the complexities involved. Is this unrealistic?

FirstPage2000 web site writing program has the same idea, but I can't
really see a need for it (good as it is in things like FirstPage2000)
for TB. Most of the features are in various menus anyhow and can be
explored at leisure once you have the basic idea of how to use TB. I
keep finding new stuff and wondering what it does - play with it -
read the help file - ask on here - and lo! I have something else that
I can use.

The problem about setting levels of operation is that it assumes
everyone will want to use the same features at different levels - and
with something like TB I don't think this is going to be the case.

--
Cheers,
 Anne

Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 98 4.10 Build  2222  A