Hello Mary,

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:24:09 -0500 GMT (23/10/02, 02:24 +0700 GMT),
Mary Bull wrote:

TF>> Who would that have been? The programmers are at Ritlabs. I haven't
TF>> set TB to display HTML automatically, and I won't. ;-)

> Maxim. I wrote directly to Maxim. The e-mail address is in the TBUDL
> "Welcome" letter.

Yes. He is one of the main developers over at Ritlabs.

>>> ...after I got a strange error code: "Call to OS failed," when I tried
>>> to open a series of messages from TBUDL in my In-Box.

TF>> I have never seen this error message. I wonder what is going on.

> No one else had ever seen it either, on any of the Lists I wrote to.

> I have a 4540 Compaq PC with Pentium III and a 3.2 GB hard drive, of
> which 1.2 GB is in use. I have 32 MB of RAM. My OS is Windows 95B (a
> more stable revision of Win95--Maxim right away asked me what the B
> meant.)

I would have - if I knew anything about Win95, that is. ;-)

Your RAM seems awfully small. And I am surprised Win95 can handle a
3.2 GB drive. Don't you have problems wih other apps?

> After awhile he got back to me and instructed me step-by-step how to
> enable the HTML mode.

Maybe the HTML engine (or the way it is compiled) requires a 32-bit
OS. I believe Win95 was still 16-bit. This may be the problem.

The Pentium III though, is 32-bit. You upgraded your hardware but not
the software? You are not using the full potential of your processor.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman around to hear
him, is he still wrong?

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM