JN> There might be some decisions that need to be made, but that doesn't
JN> turn it into a slipper slope, nor does it have anything to do with
JN> HTML. Appearance is not the biggest problem with HTML, and I agree
JN> that HTML is not the way to go. As for the decisions on how much
JN> enrichment to provide, I guess it's a functionality analysis, how much
JN> would be beneficial for the users and the product. I think that
JN> tables, bold, underlining and italics would be a sensible package, in
JN> that it would not only be very functional but also be set of
JN> attributes that generally go together (except for tables). I think
JN> color and size variations, and other fancy fonts, are all things that
JN> could be reserved for attachments if necessary; but others might have
JN> their own views. The fact that a decision or cutoff would be
JN> necessary, though, seems like a poor reason not to undertake the
JN> effort.

Just in so that TB developers realize more people want this, I happen
to think the suggestion of limited support for text enhancements is a
good one, provided it is done in a way that allows it to show up alike
universally. Enriched text of the *bold* kind goes a long way towards
easing comprehension.

-Vishal