On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 02:51:16PM +0000 or thereabouts, Barry Higginbottom wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have just had an email bounced back to me from one of my
>   customers. I don't really understand what's going on here, but it
>   infers there is a problem with my IP address which I find a little
>   disconcerting.

yes, but true.

>   Below is the relevant bit form the message. If anyone understands it
>   could they let me know in plain English?

See below.

> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at bsve.net.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

The mail server, in this case qmail, to whom you sent the email, has
rejected your IP address 212.248.130.36 because the database he is using in
conjuction with qmail, to filter out known relayers, has that IP address
in its database. If you go to http://www.dsbl.org and look at the section,
something like "Why am I listed" or some such, you will see.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=dsbl.org

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Connected to 213.38.238.98 but sender was rejected.
> Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 Rejected - see http://www.dsbl.org
>
> --- Below this line is a copy of the message.

> Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:04:38 +0000
> From: Barry Higginbottom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Chris McCain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Your order T01009
>
>   =======================
>
>   I have left out the text of the message, but it seems to me that this
>   dsbl.org is some sort of spam blocker, but I can't find out what it
>   is about me that they don't like.

Not a spam blocker, but IP blocker. That is what these ORBs sites do.

>   Or is it The Bat! that it doesn't like. I seem to remember some
>   discussion about this before.

No it is not The Bat, but your IP address.

Gary

    sed '/^[when][coders]/!d
        /^...[discover].$/d
       /^..[real].[code]$/!d