Hello Mitch,

Tuesday, November 12, 2002, 3:35:37 AM, you wrote:

MW> Barry2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said on Monday, November 11, 2002, 7:18:49 PM

MW> Aren't you concerned about losing legitimate mail in the spam screen?

Not at all - all mail headers are looked at before deciding whether to
download or not. You soon learn to spot the legitimate mail so that
leaves the SPAM, again easy to spot, and the unfamiliar mail which
comes in for a closer inspection. If suspicious looking then it either
gets deleted or left on the server till we can check it out more
thoroughly.

As a case in point, when the recent Bugbear / Tanatos virus hit we
were on-line at the time and immediately picked up that there was
something funny going on. Those suspicious e-mails were automatically
blocked from being downloaded - if were not as vigilant then we too
would have been a possible victim before the AV houses could put out
the patches against the new virus.

I don't know about anyone else but we have invested a lot of time and
money setting up our computer network here to let it be compromised by
a lack of care on our part.

Maybe we are guilty of being over-cautious, but better that than to be
not cautious enough perhaps ?

 Barry2
Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 98 4.10 Build  2222