Hi Joe,

On Tuesday, November 19, 2002 09:16 your local time, which was 06:16 my
local time, Joe Berry [JB] wrote;

JB> I would like to do something with a sound wav file for TB
JB> notification of new mail but I can't figure out how to do it.  Most
JB> of the emails that I get are filtered into different folders.  I
JB> would like to play a wav file if any new email ends up in the
JB> Inbox-Known folder.  I don't see a way to do that.

JB> In addition (and I think this is not possible), I would like a sound
JB> notification whenever I end up with new email that is left in the
JB> inbox folder (after all filters are run). I suspect the solution to
JB> this latter problem would be to set up a filter at the end of all
JB> filter list that would move any remaining email to a specifically
JB> designated folder. Then, of course, I modify that last filter to
JB> play a sound.

I was working with sounds for folders a while ago. The way I got TB! to
play sounds when things arrived in certain folders is by adding sounds
to each individual folder.

For personal folders, right click and select properties. There will then
be a sound tab where you can chose your personal sound.

I'm not sure about the Inbox-Known, as I don't use it.

As for the inbox, I set this sound by going into account properties
settings and then sound again.

When messages are filtered, the folder sound will trigger at the end for
all messages rather than each individual as will happen if you add
sounds to the filter.

Hope that helps, but give it a try!

Cheers,

Chris.

--

Created Using The Bat! V1.61 E-Mail Client and Virus Checked by DrWeb.

"The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write
with." Marty Feldman.