Hallo there for the first time,

my name is Heiko Kuschel.
I started using The Bat on Saturday, but I have a lot of experience
with mailing etc. I´ve used YAM (Amiga) for the last 5 years, and it´s
quite similar to The Bat!

There´s one feature I´m really missing ATM.
YAM not only shows me "read" and "unread" messages, but also "new"
messages, that means: Messages that were collected since I last
started the program and that were not yet read. I´m subscribed in a
lot of mailing lists where I don´t read all the mails, so it´s
important so see the new ones - well, if not important, then say
convenient. :-)
(Yes I can order them by date, but nevertheless...)

I got an idea that you can probably do this with these colour groups
and some intelligent filtering.
I can do the first part no prob: Set all incoming mails to the colour
group "new". Is there a way to define a filter that sets all messages
back to normal either when starting or leaving the program? (Even
better, also when I read a message?) That should do it. :-)

Or maybe you have a better idea.

Thanks in advance.

--
Schöne Grüße