Hello Allie,

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 00:07:53 -0500 GMT (01/01/03, 12:07 +0700 GMT),
Allie Martin wrote:

TF>> TB's editor will cut off any trailing blanks at the end of the
TF>> line (with the exception of the one after the two dashes in the
TF>> sig delimiter), and any trailing lines at the end of the text.

> Actually, this doesn't happen.

Allie, I just sent a message to myself. It contained several empty
lines at the end. When I received it, there were no empty lines at the
end. (Checked this by marking with the mouse.)

I did the same on TBOT, again the trailing empty lines are gone. Easy
to see, as tehre is a Yahoo-footer.

And here is the surprising part: When I check my Sent folder, the
message there has no trailing empty lines either. So they are cut off
by TB even before the message is sent.

> It's the GnuPG plug-in that specifically does this stripping of
> trailing blank lines.

> Signing with GPG Shell leads to preservation of blank spaces.

I don't pretend to know the difference between the GnuPG plug-in and
the GPG Shell, but maybe the former signs after TB's editor has cut
off the empty lines, while the latter does the signing before saving
(and thus, when TB's editor saves the message, the empty lines are not
trailing any more but followed by more characters, namely the sig).

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Bureaucrats do not change the course of the ship of state. They merely
adjust the compass.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62 Christmas Edition
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM