Hi Paul,

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:21:35 -0600 Paul Stephen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been trying to figure out on my own how to insert characters
> with accents à, è, é etc. (The latter three characters were put into
> this message using a program called "Foreign Characters" which costs
> $$$.)
>
> Can I use TB directly to put these in? How?

That depends entirely on your keyboard drivers / local settings.

Here with my German layout I do simly press

'`' followed by 'e' and end up in

The first key press seems to do nothing, but at least it only "captures"
the special character and "combines" it with the next character, IF
possible.

e.g. '`' + 't' produces `t while '^'+'z' makes ¸

hIf you don't know how to "activate" this (build in) function for your
locale settings there's stille the "Character Map" in "Start" /
"Program" / "Accessoires" (maybe one brach deeper in "System tools"?).
You should be able to locate these special characters there, copy them
into clipboard and paste into The Bat!.
And then, one day in the far future, you'll remember the ASCII or ANSI
code for that chars (in "Character Map" in the lower right corner when
selected) and be able to put them in any text editing window by pressing
and holding <Alt> followed by the ASCII or ANSI code typed on your
numeric block.

HTH
--
Pit